Tuesday, December 24, 2013

A quick update and something completely different

So I'm finally on break from School (which was nuts busy) and after about a week into vacation - I'm just as busy! The holidays, my best friends wedding/bachelor party, visiting family and friends and what not have kept me moving. In a few hours I'm about to drive five and a half hours to spend the holidays with my family and do all the wedding jazz. This is going to be great fun- but I'm not going to have a lot of hobby time, and I fear I will return to school more tired than when I left. Next term at school isn't going to be fun either - I'm going to have to stay out of town two nights a week to avoid having to drive four hours a day to go to my clinical sites - fortunately I have a classmate in a similar situation and we will be able to split costs as our sites are five minutes apart. Not that my posting has been common lately, but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get another up until early Spring.

All that said I've decided to start painting up some 15mm space opera stuff I have laying around (I'll be using In the Emperor's Name scaled down for 15mm for a rule set.). This was my first 15mm figure ever and it went by a lot more easily than anticipated- plus it only took me about an hour- so I imagine once I get painting them down it will be even faster. I still need to paint the base obviously, but I am waiting until I finish the rest of this guys posse so I can batch paint them. He was inspired by the Duros race from Star Wars.
Sorry about the lighting on these guys - I was in a bit of a rush (and I actually increased it on my photo program when I was scaling the pictures down). I think this guy is a Critical Mass Games miniature. I really enjoyed painting him, and it alleviated my worries about painting 15mm - they aren't that tough and can have just as much character as a 28mm.

Feedback, as always, is appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment