Friday, January 25, 2013

Budget Terrain

Hey all,


It's been a while since my last post, and to be honest I haven't gotten much accomplished hobby wise. My gaming group doesn't have enough time for Inquisitor at the moment, so that's been putting a damper on my work (though I still plan on finishing up the retinue when the painting bug strikes me).

In the meanwhile I've become rather interested in Infinity (and it looks like some of my friends have too), as it's a one of game and pretty affordable (not to mention has awesome free rules and beautiful models). This has led me to begin making some budget terrain.

These are modular apartment buildings (I will be making "entrance doors" on them too), I made for my Infinity terrain set I want to put together on a budget. Aside from waiting for the primer to dry, they take about 20 minutes to make. They are made out of colored posterboard, DVD crates, some grey primer, and cardboard (to reinforce the posterboard so models can stand on them). The materials for these two, plus four more, and the materials to make a bunch more buildings of other natures and miscellaneous terrain cost me 12$ after tax at the dollar store.
Feedback, as always, is appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, they look great for the price and effort involved, clever use of materials.

    Maybe some sort of watercolour wash on the windows would make them look more natural for not much effort. If you mixed some white and greys and streaked it across the whole sheet it'd probably give a reflective look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks there smiler!

    The idea of a wash seems like a really good one, I just finished up two more of them, but I think the next two I might give that a whirl.

    ReplyDelete